- In a medium saucepan, melt vegetable butter or olive oil over medium heat. Add broccoli, carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent and soft, around 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour on the vegetables. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Steadily add vegetable broth and non-dairy milk, stirring vigorously to avoid lumps. Add the coconut milk. Simmer the soup over medium-low heat for around 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix the soup to your liking.
- Change consistency with vegetable broth or non-dairy milk if desired. Stir in the white vinegar. Taste and change the seasoning with salt, pepper and vinegar.
BROWNED BROCCOLI CROUTONS
- In a separate saucepan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli florets and sprinkle with salt. Sauté until just nearly tender. Turn the heat up to high and continue to cook, stirring sporadically, until the broccoli has a nice brown/black edge on at least 1 side. Remove from heat and set aside.
Ladle broth in pans. Drizzle with a little olive oil, top with browned broccoli blossoms, Cheezmir Vegan cheese and crushed black pepper. Serve with crackers, bread, or salads.
1/4 cup vegan butter
5 cups broccoli, chopped
2/3 cup chopped carrots
2/3 cup chopped celery
1/2 cups chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 tbsp flour
4 cups (1000 ml) vegetable broth (Water And The Concentrated Juices Of Carrot, Celery, Celeriac, Onion, Cabbage)
2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
3/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
1/2 cup Cheezmir Vegan cheese
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp salt,
For browned broccoli "croutons"
1 cup broccoli florets
1 tbsp olive oil